Hello. It's 25 March 2014 as I write this. Many things have happened since my previous journal entry. Many things happen all the time, and they will continue to happen. For example, since 17 May 2013, the well-received crime drama Breaking Bad has ended, the sixth generation of Pokémon has been put in consumers' hands in Pokémon X Version and Pokémon Y Version, and I've turned 20. Perhaps this time next year, I will be able to say that since 25 March 2014, I will have moved out of my childhood home for the first time and will have started my second semester at the university to which I plan to transfer this fall. I will have gotten my first job. I might fall in love. I might not.
Everything will be different in one year's time. It's scary, but it must be accepted. To tell you the truth, I am utterly terrified of growing up, leaving home, working, living. Little steps make up one great leap, akin to units of measurement, e.g. 12 in. equals 1 ft., or 1 000 000 mm equals 1 km. Life goes on without your consent. This is really just me trying to convince myself that I need to do something with myself, like learn French. I love the French language. It's beautiful. I could stand to also get my first job. I am so completely afraid of failure that I would rather not try anything new. There's literally nothing I want to do for work in the meantime studying toward being an elementary school teacher.
Meanwhile, I am a sophomore in college that lives in his childhood home. As I mentioned before, I will transfer to university this fall, and it will be in a different town. My fear says I'm not ready, but I know that that doesn't really matter.
• Are you afraid to grow older? Why or why not?
• What are your occupational goals? Why?
• What are things you want to do, but haven't found the time or patience to learn?
• Have you read any good books recently, or played any good video games? What did you like about 'em?
• How 'bout that final season of Breaking Bad, huh?
• What video game characters are on your wishlist for the latest Super Smash Bros. installment for Wii U and 3DS?